We are organizing a special issue on Open-Source Electronics Platforms - Development and Applications.
Open-source electronics platforms are becoming very popular in our daily activities. Arduino- and Raspberry-compatible modules have been applied for a wide range of applications from do-it-yourself (DIY) to industrial projects. Using open-source electronics platforms as educational tools for teaching engineering and science at universities is undeniable. Influences of open-source electronics platforms in technological renovations and social impacts have been well recognized.
The aim of this Special Issue is to gather the most recent development and applications of open-source electronics platforms. We invite all papers with novel contributions in principles, development and applications of open-source electronics platforms with, but not limited to, the following topics.
- Current state of the art of open-source electronics platforms
- Principles and development of open-source electronics platforms
- Software frameworks and operating systems for open-source electronics platforms
- Using open-source electronics platforms to develop modern information systems including IoT, cyber-physical systems, sensor networks, automation, and robotics.
- Usability of open-source electronics platforms in research and education
- Hardware platforms
- Software frameworks
- Free operating systems
- Open-source drivers and firmware
- Communication protocols
- Internet of Things
- Cyber-physical systems
- Sensor networks
- Educational tools
- Engineering and science education
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) projects
- High-level research projects
Deadline for manuscript submission: October 31 2018